Wednesday, July 23, 2008

England with Clay..

...was magical. I just got back from seeing him off at the bus station, and I couldn't help but look around me in the still, quiet morning and think, "Yes, it's beautiful, but it already doesn't feel as magical." Being with Clay in this place really was the best of both worlds. He's been gone now less than an hour, and I want nothing more than for him to stay and for us to head back to Chattanooga together in a few weeks. He is simply the best partner and friend I can imagine; I just love being with him. Everything is better with Clay.

But...he's hopefully at Heathrow by now and I thought I would take some time to reflect on our time together in jolly ol' England. So the next few posts might be a series of reflections of the past 8 days rather than an account of what's going on today. I will try to post as much as possible in the time alloted today--we have 2 classes this morning and then once again board the bus for London, this time for Romeo and Juliet at Regent's Park tonight. Lear last night at the Globe, R &J tonight under the stars. Life is pretty great. It's even better with Clay.

No comments: