Sunday, December 21, 2008

WE ARE DONE!!!

Happy Holidays, friends! We are officially on Winter Break and couldn't be more excited about it! It has been a whirlwind of a week between administering exams, grading exams, two school Christmas parties, and some final Christmas shopping (did I say final? Hmm...I have a feeling I will still be keeping my eyes open until the stores close on Christmas Eve :-). We love this time of year.

We head to Louisville to see my family tomorrow--be back with the blog upon our return! Good times to come--New Year's Resolutions (I love them!) and surely lots of pics from Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, Clay and I exchanged this morning because my gift was non-transportable. Clay wrote me a sonnet (it's becoming a tradition--I cherish it) and gave me dance lessons (yee-haw!) and I refashioned his work desk, decopaging (sp?) his favorite poems on its surface as inspirtation for his own writing. A little Panera bread, hummus, and a hike with Camdawg rounded out our sweet, sweet Sunday!

Here are some (funny) highlights from this week:

Clay's desk
Nick, Ashley, Erin, Sara, and Clay at the M faculty "Vintage Christmas Party." We are all a little tired from grading non-stop...can you tell?


I'm not sure what is going on here. I think someone told me to "be a tree." Like my dress? I bet the Goodwill closest to you has another one--just $4.99. A steal, huh? WOW. Remember, it was a Vintage Christmas Party.


Again, not sure....


This is me and my new good friend, Kat--at the Division I AA Football Championships in Chattanooga last Friday night. How did we get tickets to the showdown between the Montana "Grizz" and the Richmond Spiders? Well, Kat is big time. I feel lucky to know her (seriously). We had a blast--and the Spiders won! Go Virginia team!


Signs of VACATION!! We took Cam-dawg for a hike at Cloudland Canyon Park today in an effort to get outside after what has seemed like weeks and weeks of rain. We had fun the first couple hours of the hike...and then it got plain cold. Clay and Camden still had a blast, but Sara Jenney was pretty darn excited to get back to the warm car and even warmer home.


Pretty incredible waterfall. Like Clay's beard? It definitely kept him warm today! :-)


This was before it got cold...




WOW! WE ARE ON CHRISTMAS BREAK!! WAHOO!!





2 comments:

Mary and Jamie said...

Love the pics! Welcome to Christmas Break. It's awesome, huh?! Jamie wanted to let you know the Griz did not win Friday night's game; the Spiders did. Sorry, but Jamie's a Spider at heart, a U Richmond man -- so he wants you to make a correction. =-) Hope to see you soon. Enjoy Louisville.

Sara Gahan said...

I made the correction---how could I have gotten that wrong?? I WAS THERE. Pathetic.