Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January Treats

January NEEDS to be the month for treats, don't you think? It's cold outside, the holidays are over, and for teachers a whole new semester looms ahead. That said, my students are pretty darn awesome and I couldn't be more pumped for the days in the classroom in the coming months. They are fun, fun people--and they are excited about Baby Gahan! So excited, in fact, that this appeared on my desk this morning:What's this, you say? It's a mango. And a mango is supposedly the same size as BG at this moment. I mentioned this offhandedly yesterday when one of my students asked what was happening with the baby's development this week (gotta love being pregnant at an all-girls school--THE BEST place to be pregnant! Everyone is just so thoughtful), and someone anonymously left this for me today. I knew it was going be a good day.

So last week we had two absurd snow days (accumulation=0") so Clay and I lived them up. We watched Alabama take home the national championship, we read a lot, we played with Camden, and we made some yummy tomato basil soup thanks to our favorite Ina Garten's recipe. YUM-O. You all gotta check this one out.
Pre- and Post Blending :-)
We also hosted our fun supper club this month. Every first Tuesday of the month, we get together with four other McC families and enjoy a themed potluck dinner. Here are three of the kiddos watching the Backyardigans (the what? guess I will know these things soon).
I also went wedding dress shopping with my friend Kat. Hooray!
Another treat I love in January is the "This I Believe" challenge I give to my students on their first day back. They have to state a belief in 350-500 words and then record themselves reading it. We start every class for the next two weeks with one of their recordings. Just another reason I look forward to coming to work.
Another treat I gave myself this month was an unlimited pass to North Shore Yoga. I figure I am getting 2 for 1--both I and Baby Gahan LOVE power yoga! Hopefully it might even help with labor?!?
Final treat: M&M's. Now, I have never particularly loved M&M's before, but unfortunately now I find myself having a handful a day. We'll see what my weight gain is next week when we go to the doctor (and find out the gender!! Wednesday!!!), but I have a feeling these little pieces of chocolate bliss are going to help my numbers grow higher. They just taste so darn good, especially frozen! Yum!
Congratulations to my dear college friends Adele and Adam, who welcomed Jackson Reese one week ago. He is precious!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh Sara I am just so happy for you! cannot wait to hear and read more as things progress!