Why scarred? First look at this line.

Then imagine me feeling like I have no idea what the heck I need for my child to grow up to be a healthy, vibrant, social, thoughtful, fun kid. Don't worry--I didn't freak out, because I know that we are going to try our darndest to raise our child in a loving, thoughtful way. But man, one woman really seemed to know what her child (mind you, still in the womb) needed: the exact floor activity set I was looking at, HOLDING even. So what did she do? She proceeded to ask me if I had placed one of those orange "sold" stickers on it yet, and I--being clueless--said, "oh no, I am just looking at it :)" and then SHE TOOK ONE OF HER OWN SOLD STICKERS, STUCK IT ON THE ACTIVITY SET, and LITERALLY YANKED IT FROM MY GRIP.Whaaaaatttttt??????
This happened in the first five minutes. So what did I do? I didn't run after her (I didn't want the darn thing, so THERE!), I didn't run out screaming. I took a deep breath, rubbed my sweet belly (the baby is sweet--not my belly), and swore to myself that if I didn't know how to be best mother at least I would be best shopper for the next hour.
Why was I sold?
Because you can find awesome deals! I scored a perfect wash basin for Baby G for $4, a brand-new Johnny Jump-Up for $10, an adorable shopping cart cover for $4, and a super-cute pack-and-play for $50. $68 and I was outta there in less than an hour. Score.
I think I am hooked.

1 comment:
People do love a good bargain. Glad you were able to maintain your cool and get some good deals. And surely you'll be a better mother than that nut job who tagged the item you were holding. Keep having fun while you shop.
Post a Comment