Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Warning: LOTS of adorable baby gifts ahead

I have always been incredibly aware of just how abundantly blessed I am to have such amazing friends and family, but these last three weeks have been overwhelmingly fun and special. I am very behind on my posts, so watch out: lots of pictures and posts coming up here tonight. But in the midst of end-of-the-school craziness and the last week of track season, somehow I got a rained out practice and a night off of grading and planning (thank you May Day), so I am determined to get these pics posted.

Final note: There are WAY too many pictures of me here. Look past me to the cute baby gifts!
My dear friends Katie, Heather, and Carol threw me a GPS shower at Heather's stunning house--and they somehow managed to nail the blue and green color combo that Clay and I are going for in the future nursery (which you will remember isn't set up yet because we are moving 2-3 post-Baby G). Don't you just love the chandelier above the table?
Beautiful table. Every detail was so thoughtful, so elegant.
Cupcakes=always a treat.
Even the napkins and flowers were blue and green. Somehow I have super classy and thoughtful friends.
Love my GPS friends. I love my job. I work with wonderful, wonderful people.
Aren't these the cutest? I love the little curl on baby's head.
Check out some of these adorable things now in Baby G's closet. First off: a onesie with an orange flower print tie. Perfect for his first trip to UVA.
It is hard to see these two outfits here (the one above and the one below), but these are ones I have a feeling I will pass down to Baby G's children. Tender, sweet outfits of impeccable quality.
This one has the nativity smocked across the top--and it is sized 18 mos. Perfect for Baby's 2nd Christmas!
Susan is our Director of College Guidance--and a dear friend.
Look at this loot!
The hostesses gave me this adorable (and monogrammed) laundry basket FULL of both luxurious and invaluable gifts. Too, too generous.
Me and sweet Jill (technology teacher and fellow sophomore advisor)
I am happy--and so very lucky.
I have the most wonderful friends (including childhood best friend Ali, who came all the way from Birmingham to be at the shower with me), the most beautiful baby things, the greatest husband, and a healthy baby boy on the way.

I just don't know how to thank God enough.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sara, you look BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously, you are so cute. I love that blue dress! So happy to see that you were showered with so many wonderful things. :)