On 10-10-10, Will turned 4 months old! We celebrated by attending the most lovely luncheon in honor of the baptism of Will's soon to be best buddy, Wylie. Wylie's grandparents just bought a charming home on Lookout Mountain--check out the awesome backyard in the pictures below.

Here was Will in church that morning. Will LOVES falling asleep on Daddy's chest.
Will is acting shy here, but I couldn't resist this darling picture of sweet Ellie, one of the many adorable kids who is our neighbor on campus. Her mom, Andrea, is feeding Will.
The porch=my dream home
Wylie's parents, Dodd and Ross
(Dodd is our pediatrician, too. We love her)
The backyard really is a wonderland.
Our sweet little man at 4 months!

Dearest Will,
Your Daddy and I couldn't imagine loving anything more. You have brought such joy and fulfillment into our lives with your ever-present smile, sweet disposition, and love for new experiences. We see the world with new eyes now that we are your parents--suddenly everything is more colorful, more meaningful, more rewarding. You are the happiest baby. You never cry unless you are hungry--but man, you have been hungry lately! You are eating 8-10 ounces every three hours, which isn't surprising considering you have been growing like crazy this month. You are in the 97th percentile for height and 80th percentile for weight (and firmly in 6 mos. clothing), and Dr. Dodd says you might be ready to start on rice cereal and then pureed foods before too long. I can't believe we are almost at that milestone; I love seeing you grow up healthy and strong, and your Dad and I are thrilled to love you and nurture you through all of the exciting days ahead.
You are cooing up a strong these days, making lots of fun noises when we talk to you as we make dinner, go for long walks, and read books. You LOVE bath time, and so do we--you are the cutest! You smile at us all the time, especially when we sing to you (you love "Do Re Mi") and ask you questions, and it is this sweet smile that I look forward to seeing every day at 3 p.m. when I come home and pick you up from Carla's. Carla seems to love her time with you, too--you two go on a campus walk together every day, visiting Ms. Gail and often running into your various McC friends along the way. She calls you "Mr. Bill"--it cracks us up. But we couldn't feel more blessed that you are being cared for by a loving, knowledgeable, trustworthy woman who cares for you with a devoted heart. It makes being away from you from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. not easy but easier.
You are sleeping soundly in your crib right now, and I am easily feeling like the luckiest woman on earth for having you in my life. Will, you are the greatest blessing. I love you with all that I am. I tell this to people all the time, but I really do feel like every day is Christmas now that you are in my life; you are a gift to us in every way, and we couldn't love anything more.
Happy 4 months, buddy. You are something special.
Love always,
Mama
1 comment:
This letter makes me happy. You are all very lucky. I love you guys.
Post a Comment