Hooray!

Will went from "reading" to focusing intently on grabbing the paper and eating it.

Do we love the spoon in the mouth look? Oh yes we do 'cause it means that our little man is into eating, which hasn't always been the case :-) At 10 months, he is more than eager to feed himself, especially YoBaby yogurt, his fave.

Love this face. Only took me 20 pictures to finally catch it :-).

We are spending lots of time these days cheering on Daddy's soccer team and going for long walks. Don't worry: baby sunscreen has become my new best friend.

Here we are eating our appetizer of Cheerios and strawberries. He is such a clean eater!
I am so proud.

Folks, it got a lot messier than even this. Baths are now a favorite nightly activity, both because it is so hot and sticky here and because Will has food all over him by day's end.

Still haven't quite figured out crawling but we've got the flailing arms and legs move down pat.

Love.
That gaze gets me every time.
We love eating, yes we do, we love eating, how 'bout you?
This is how we roll at dinner time. He is so frickin' cute that sometimes I do a little song and dance routine for him to make him laugh. He pounds the spoon and giggles away.
I didn't know I could fall in love with him any more but I think I am...
I asked him a philosophical question here.
He's thinking.
Louisville Slugger shirt!
It's been a long but great day.
A few more things about Will at 10 months:
1.) He loves to walk when we hold both of his hands. He wants to practice all the time.
2.) He LOVES his Sandra Boynton "Doggies" book. For some reason, "Woof!" is the funniest word in the English language to him.
3.) Church has become interesting. We drop him off in the nursery for Sunday School, but we really want to share worship with him, so we bring him with us to the service. The only thing is that church begins smack in the middle of his usual nap time, so he is increasingly tired and thus distracted and wiggly during the service. Thankfully the people in front of us and behind us today were super loving and understanding, but Clay and I aren't quite sure how to navigate this in the future. Selfishly we don't want to put him in the nursery the whole time because a.) he loves all the music and beauty of the service, and b.) we are away from him 5 out of 7 mornings a week. We don't want to drop him off with other people on the weekends! We want to be with him!
4.) He loves Cheerios.
5.) He continues to think Camden is both sweet and funny. They are so good to each other.
6.) He is saying "dada" all the time--and "mama" sometimes. But most of the time it is "baba"
7.) He continues to love the Johnny Jump-up.
8.) He is such a great napper. He loves sleeping. He hardly ever cries when we put him down--he just rolls on this side, faces the wall, and is down for the count. He slept until 8:30 both mornings this weekend, God love him.
We are already looking forward to his first birthday party, which will sadly also be our going away party. We can't wait to show our love and gratitude to our Chattanooga family. And I am pumped to make a cake. I am not sure what it will look like yet, but I am pumped to make it :).
1 comment:
I feel your pain with Sundays!!! It is so hard. Does your church have a mother's sitting room or anything where you can watch the service and let him play? I felt like that with Rody that we would never get to sit through church again, but I promise it does not last long--before you know it he'll be asking to go to the "nursery" as Rody calls it :)
Post a Comment