What hasn't happened in May?

Let's start with my cute husband. He got glasses! Don't you love them?
He is also coaching a soccer team to a pretty fabulous record...State is at the end of the month.
Keep your fingers crossed.

This one is for Dad and Brittany :-).

This is Will on the day of the terrible storms that destroyed the Southeast. Will's expression captures it: oh my. Over 200 tornadoes ripped through the southern states, and while we and our friends were super lucky, our neighbors to the south and east of us weren't: lots of devastation right around our corner. Terrible. It was scary. Right before the fourth and fifth storms were about to hit, Will and I decided to join Clay over at the dorm (he was on duty). We hung out in our old apartment with our dear friends, including Lauren (below):

This was taken about 9:30 p.m. Can't you tell Will is thinking,
"What the heck is going on? I should be sleeping right now, people!"

Although most of us didn't have cable, internet, or power for several days, my walking friends and I forged ahead with our Royal Wedding Party at 5:30 a.m. Rose mimosas, cinnamon pastries, and English tea...yummy! Kate sure did look beautiful, huh? I am not ashamed to say it: I loved every minute of it. I will always love a good wedding.

The next week Will and I headed downtown to catch the local crew races. We ran into sweet Jane (above) and Erin (below).

Rhymes (below) has become my walking partner in the afternoons. She pushes Will's stroller while I walk Camden--oh what a help she is!

And then...DERBY WEEKEND IN LOUISVILLE!
MOTHER'S DAY IN LOUISVILLE!

My super wonderful friend (and Will's godmother) Kat came along with me for a fun girls' weekend. Bourbon slushies met us in Julep cups as soon as we walked in the door. Heaven.

Will knows to reach for the good stuff.

Yay for Poppy!

Saturday found us touring some Louisville hotspots, including Lynn's Paradise Cafe.

Love it when everyone is looking different directions in a picture :-).

We couldn't resist texting pictures of these to Clay. Go Blue!

Kat made us a delicious summer salad post-Derby.

And then it was...MOTHER'S DAY!

Will and I were so happy to be with my mother on this special day.
If only we could have been with Kay too!

Will thought breakfast in bed was a grand idea. He also thought the cards tasted delicious.


After Church, we went out for a yummy brunch as a family.

Check out Will's bib. He is wearing the same outfit in the bib that he is wearing here. That means either he is extremely coordinated or his mother dresses him in this outfit a lot.
I prefer to think the former.
Dad and his mom, dear Nonna!
On this day more than any other Mother's Day, I am so aware and humbled by my mother's selflessness, thoughtfulness, and devotion. She has more than taught me what is truly important: she has modeled it through her caring emails, willingness to help me with whatever I need, and graceful encouragement and understanding. She is my inspiration!
I love this picture. Will is thinking, "You two are crazy people."
The three mothers and our wonderful men!
I feel so lucky to be Will's mom. I'll say it again: every day feels like Christmas, like I won the jackpot. Will makes me so, so happy, and I feel constant gratitude that Clay and I have been blessed with a joyful, healthy, growing boy. On this Mother's Day, I feel honored to join the mom's club: a group of women around the world who know what it feels like to have their hearts walk around outside of their bodies. The depth of love and devotion I have for Will is indescribable--and I love that that depth is felt by moms everywhere.
Will is my constant gift. I cherish him!
I am so thankful for these and all the beautiful women in my life.

And now for today: Will's ELEVEN month birthday!

I love this series of shots: Camden staring wistfully at Will's chopped treats.

Camden staring Will DOWN.
Will realizing that Camden wants his food and laughing about it. Camden is not amused.
Here are a few notes about Will at 11 months:
* He isn't crawling or walking yet, but he LOVES to grab our fingers and pull himself up to standing.
* He loves Cheerios and grapes. He does not love mango (go figure).
* He is definitely in the midst of a separation anxiety phase. He can go from happy in Mama's arms to shrieking in another person's arms real quick.
* He is sleeping 12 hours a night. What a champ.
* He finds pillow fights extremely funny.
(Don't ask me how I found this out--I can't remember myself.)
* He is babbling a lot, but no consistent words yet.
*Dropping food and toys on the floor is SO fun :-).
And tomorrow is another special day...
1 comment:
LOVE this great update and all of the pictures! Such sweet pictures of you and your little man, and with your mama, too. So dear! xoxo
Post a Comment