Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Lil' Sis!

It cracks me up to think that Brittany and I once wanted each other dead. I don't know how Mom and Dad survived our high school years...I don't know how we survived those years :-). But thank God we did--because now I couldn't imagine life without my sister. As you can tell by the photos below, she is truly my best friend. As I told one of my classes today, everyone who knows my sister is better for it--her selflessness, love of life, upbeat spirit, impressive intelligence, and inner and outer beauty makes me pinch myself sometimes...how did I get so frickin' lucky to have her as my sister?? Happy Happy Day, Sis.
She was there for me every step of the way during our engagement and wedding...even coming down to St. James before the wedding to help us pack up and move!
Bachelorette Weekend.
On the Lawn at UVA. I will always be grateful for all the times she visited me there.
One of our many hikes--remember the one in Santa Fe, babe? Haha...
Pre-wedding craziness.
This picture is fairly tragic but still fun.
Oxford! I mean, she came to Oxford! How awesome is she??

Love this one of her.
On the Thames.
In New York City--her home of 4 years.
Ah, I love her laugh.
In Chattaboogie.
Beautiful Brittany giving her eloquent toast at Blair's wedding.
At Blair's wedding this past January.
And one more for fun...just because it makes Brittany smile :-).
Love you, babe! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Sis, you are too much. What a wonderfully high-tech (and ridiculously over-flattering) birthday gift! Thank you!!!

But seriously, some of those pictures we need to burn ;-)

LOVE YOU. :-) :-)
yls.