It is! It is! As a native Louisvillian, the first Saturday in May is sacred. Bring out the fancy hats, the mint juleps, and the racing forms, folks...we're going to Churchill Downs!Well, the Gahans couldn't quite make it to the track again this year, so we did the next best thing: hosted a Derby party! We invited all the adorable families in our dorm to join us for the most exciting two minutes in sports. The kids actually got really into it--they frosted cookies, they came wearing hats, they drank bourbon slushies...wait, maybe not that into it. Look at how adorable they are!
We had a grand ole' time with the fun folks here in Tennessee--and yay for a longshot winning! Ah, I love Derby time.
If it's May, that must also mean May Day at GPS. Wow. I'm not sure I know what else to say besides WOW. If you have never seen it, you need to at some point in your life--but then maybe never again. Girls weaving the maypole, the queen in a for-real wedding dress, the front lawn covered in families out to celebrate...something. It's a spectacle, and one that I happily celebrate along with the rest of our school family. Here are some shots from this year's celebration. The one above is of me and my rockstar advisees.The Front Lawn in all its splendor.
Sweet teacher friends Jill, Whitney, and Regan
The seniors parade in
Queen Rachel (see her in white?) Go CC runners!
The sophomores dancing to "Summer Lovin'"
Weaving the Maypole
Happy Spring Everybody!








No comments:
Post a Comment