Monday, May 31, 2010

Nate and Kat's Wedding

Remember this cute couple from previous posts? Well, they got hitched last night! WOOHOO!! We had so much fun at Kat and Nate's beautiful wedding--and the best part was that they looked so, so happy. Love them!
Here we are! I am officially 39 weeks pregnant in this picture! We danced at one point, and I think everyone in the room was holding their breath! Hilarious.
Beautiful cake. Glad I took the picture when I did because the top layer fell off just minutes later. What is it with leaning wedding cakes?
The reception was in a popular event space here that used to be a church. The stained glass windows are stunning.
In lieu of gifts, Kat and Nate asked each guest to bring a special dish for their potluck wedding reception. What a great idea! Look at this yummy spread...heaven for a super pregnant woman!
We brought Wasabi Mashed Potatoes. Yum.
Ah, blue hydrangeas. Love them (and my dear friend Nina sent me some for Mother's Day this year--how thoughtful is she??? THANK YOU, NINA!!!)
Emily, Sara, and Sarah
Here we are with the beautiful bride!
I like this shot because you can get a better sense of the awesome layers on her dress.
And this was us just hours before the wedding! Ack! Our house has officially exploded with moving boxes! I am going to try to get these all packed up and hidden away before Baby G comes...just 6 days until due date now! At our last visit on Friday, our wonderful doctor said there was no new progress (I am currently 1 cm.) and that she suspects he will arrive post-due date. This might be a good thing considering Clay is leaving Friday to deliver the commencement address at his previous school in Pennsylvania--so proud of him! He will leave Friday morning and come back Saturday night, so we hope and pray Baby G arrives before or after then. During would not be ideal. But my sweet mom is kind enough to come on down Friday just in case...and who knows? Maybe a week from now we will be meeting Baby G!!?

No comments: