We have been LOVING our time in Maine with Pat and Kay.
In NH, I ran a lot and ate a little. In Maine, especially with Kay's cooking, I run a little and eat a lot. Fresh salads, turkey butternut chili, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...I am blessed with a mother-in-law who rejuvenates my soul through food. She has inspired me to be creative and thoughtful with the food we will eat in NYC. After eating in the dining hall all summer, I had honestly forgotten how much I love food, love cooking, love grocery shopping. Sure, Clay and I will be on a limited budget in NYC, but we will also have every ingredient we could ever want at our fingertips. We are also going to a variety of flavors and cultures within walking distance. Indian? Thai? Vietnamese? Yes please. I hope to introduce these flavors to Will and explore culinary treasures as we also seek out artistic, educational, and musical treats around the city.
I also just finished Julie and Julia, the memoir of the foodie who cooked her way through 500+ Julia Child recipes in one year. Loved the book, but more importantly, it reminded me how much I LOVE reading.
6 days in Maine and I am reminded how much I love eating, cooking, and reading.
Maine rocks.
Pat and Kay hosted a wine and cheese reception last night. Will had a blast.

Today we headed to Ogunquit, ME. One awesome part of this great seacoast town in The Marginal Way, a 1-mile path along the ocean.
Checking out the beach. People drive for hours to go to this beach.
Thankfully, we didn't have to drive for hours; we walked for a few minutes.
Will loves the water!
6 comments:
I didn't even know you had a blog!!! How did I miss this?? And Will walking? I might just cry. Headmaster's Dinner was tonight, and we missed you guys something fierce. Enjoy these last moments of summer, friend, and know that the book suggestion (or books? however will I choose?) is on the way.
Yay Will! So proud that you captured his walk on camera for us. What a great family outing. Love and miss you guys.
AHHHH hooray for Will the walker!!! So proud of him and happy for you guys. Can you imagine a more perfect setting for this milestone?! Love the pix, love your story, love YOU.
Walking on the coast of Maine...the BEACH! What a life he will have ahead of him!!!! So happy for him! Keep those precious pictures coming! The Big Apple is about the meet WILL THE WALKER!!!! Love love love you!
Great photos. Looks like Maine was the perfect place to erase the memories of Wolfeboro. Nice work. Enjoy the time up there. Will is certainly a mini-Clay. Too cute.
Post a Comment