Friday, September 23, 2011

"I do" love Ali.

Ali is my oldest friend. We have been friends since preschool, and despite having never gone to the same school since, we only grown closer through the years.

On Saturday she married her sweetheart, Bill.
I was honored to be there!

I couldn't stop taking pictures all weekend long because every detail was BEAUTIFUL.
Here are some highlights!
All of the flowers were arranged by one of Ali's bridesmaids--insane talent!
Love this bride-to-be.
Our view of Birmingham from the rehearsal dinner spot.
Cute couple.
Wedding Day!!
Hooray!
Don't you love her shoes? Why didn't I do that?
The dress was SO Ali.
I LOVED the bridesmaids dresses Ali chose. It was the first time I had gotten dressed up and wore a dress that really fit since before Will was born. It's sad but true.
I think I might just wear it around NYC some days because I love it so much. It's not too fancy for the playground or subway, don't you think?
My sweet Daddy-O and the bride.
Thank God for my parents this week.
And thank God for Clay's aunt Anita and cousin Carey and her husband Mark for watching Will on Saturday night and Sunday morning so we could par-tay it up with Ali and Bill.
Ali's married!

The next day we drove back to Louisville.
The day after that Will and I flew back to NYC.
And the day after that, I exhaled.

We did it.
Ali's wedding was the grand finale of our crazy transition summer.
We made it to NYC.
We survived Wolfeboro.
We loved our time in Maine.
We laughed through our power-less stint at Lake George.
We drove the car into and out of the city.
We drove the car back down to Kentucky.

And then one day all three of us woke up in a 400 square foot apartment in New York City and went about our day like it was normal. Our new normal.

And you know what Will did the first full day we were back in the city?
He walked all over the apartment! It's like he was waiting for us to settle before he took off.

We're here. We're happy. We're thankful.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Awe Sara...I love YOU girl friend! Thank you for your sweet, sweet post (WOW!) and thank you for ALL that you did to make our wedding weekend so special. You are the GREATEST friend in the whole world!