So Will's favorite new words are "woah!" and "yay!" and he says them all. the. time.
It makes us so adorably happy.
And he said them over and over again when we took him to the top (ahem, 86th floor) of the Empire State Building on Thursday afternoon, yet another one of our NYC "must-do's" before we head south come May.
Clay had never been to the top either, so all three of us marveled at the fact that we somehow became a family who lived in this majestic city. I say "majestic" because I have found myself lately loving what this city is all about: the subway, the cabs, the little markets, the endless line of playgrounds in the parks, Zabar's (why it took me so long to discover this GEM of a market on the UWS, I don't know), the constant activity and energy and talent that is New York. Perhaps it is because of the GORGEOUS weather we have been enjoying (we picked the right winter to be here!) or the knowledge that we are only going to live here for 2 more months or the sense of familiarity I now feel after living in this city for a little while...I don't know. I feel like I "get" NYC now, and thus I love NYC now, and while it might be hard to live here longterm, I am grateful for the opportunity to experience it for enough time that my morning runs and my Trader Joe's on W. 72nd and my subway stop on the 1 line really do feel familiar.
East Side
Hey! Look at those cuties!
This is just a tiny piece of the NYC puzzle. Imagine this x1000 and you'll get a sense of just how endless this city is.
love the gold roof
North (see Central Park in the middle there?)
Woah.
The cool Flatiron building. Supposedly the wind gushes are so powerful there that police once had to crack down on people trying to see a woman's skirt fly up as she rounded the corner. Also, the famous Shake Shack often seen in movies is in that park there.
Looking south (Financial district).
We are enjoying our Spring Break in the city!
No comments:
Post a Comment