
Roll Tide! Last night Clay and I went to our first UT game and had a blast! Our friend and my department chair, Will (in red), was kind enough to invite us along with his cousin, John. Clay was lovin' life as the Crimson Tide dominated the game and won 29-9. I was just as impressed with the UT band--my gosh, they can spell anything they want to on that field! It was incredible. Check out these pics:


We enjoyed the drive to and from Knoxville, tailgate, and game even more because we were together. Man, we love coaching, but when we are both teaching and coaching at different schools, life gets a bit full. Luckily, our teams have been doing pretty well, so we are both enjoying our time with them. Clay's team won on Thursday night and is now one game away from coaching a 20-0 team over 2 years. Pretty exciting. He is done coaching on Monday night, and my CC team finishes on Saturday at the State Meet. Cross your fingers for us. It will surely be competitive but also exciting. We have one or two more hard workouts until we begin to rest up for Saturday--but hopefully none as un-fun as Friday's workout when our head coach drove us to a drop-off point and told us to run back to the weight room in the pouring rain. We felt pretty hard core after that run :-). On Saturday, Ashley and I had a great 10-miler on the half-marathon course we are running in 2 weeks; I can't wait to race after coaching other runners all season! I want to see what these old legs can do!
So life will look a little different for the Gahans in one week's time--hopefully more time together, more walks with Cam-dawg, more time to sleep and read and plan for thoughtful classes. As the leaves begin to turn gorgeous colors and the evening air gets a bit nippy, I am more ready than ever to curl up with the ones I love and appreciate the "little" things--which I am continually learning mean more to me than ever.
1 comment:
LOVE the blog, but the bestest part ever -- your observation on the UT band and its spelling skills. TOO funny. We're with you on the final week of coaching. Glory land -- here we come. Happy week. m&j
Post a Comment