Monday, February 9, 2009

Ali's Fun Visit!

It was so great to have my best childhood friend, Ali, in town with us this past weekend. Ali lives in Birmingham, and she was so sweet to make the 2 hour trip over to hang out with us for 24 hours. We started our hang out time together on the top of Signal Mountain. It was SUCH a gorgeous day that we had to spend some good time outside...so we took Camden for a hike and got to really catch up with Ali. She always amazes me with her "togetherness"--she is always up on the latest everything, so I love hearing what she has been learning and experiencing in Birmingham. She is always so fun and interesting to talk to--about everything!

We then gave her a mini-tour of North Chattanooga, taking her past GPS and our cute yellow house that we lived in last year. We then went out to Tony's Italian Restuarant in the Bluff View Art District (the first restaurant that Clay and I went to--with Mom and Dad!--when we moved to Chattanooga). We then stopped by The Terminal for a drink before crashing for the night. Sunday brought our Sunday School class (which had an interesting discussion on love) and a second trip to Greenlife, my favorite grocery store in town. We were able to whip up another batch of granola bars (I'm telling you, I'm obsessed) before she hit the road.
Ali, thank you so much for coming to Chattaboogie to visit us! We can't wait until our next trip to Birmingham! You are wonderful--so special to both of us (actually all three of us--Camden is sad that you are gone, too. He was also really freaked out on the bridge in the picture below--it was pretty funny!).

1 comment:

Ali said...

Thanks Sara and Clay for a great time in Chattaboogie! I had so much fun and can't wait to visit again soon! Love you both!!