Cades Cove is a gorgeous 11-mile loop. The four girls, Coach G, and I ran it in just over 90 minutes. Needless to say, I was tired but also psyched that my body didn't seem to resist too much. I am planning on running the Chickamauga Half-Marathon in November and then hopefully the Nashville full again in April, so I need to get my body in training shape. This was a good first step! Oh, and we saw two black bears along the way. We literally had to stop so one could cross the road--crazy!Tuesday, August 18, 2009
XC Camp in Gatlinburg
Run, Bruisers, Run was the theme of last week for me. I am officially in love with my team this year--they are thoughtful, fun, talented girls who seem pumped up for a good season. Here are some highlights of the week:
Cades Cove is a gorgeous 11-mile loop. The four girls, Coach G, and I ran it in just over 90 minutes. Needless to say, I was tired but also psyched that my body didn't seem to resist too much. I am planning on running the Chickamauga Half-Marathon in November and then hopefully the Nashville full again in April, so I need to get my body in training shape. This was a good first step! Oh, and we saw two black bears along the way. We literally had to stop so one could cross the road--crazy!
Cades Cove is a gorgeous 11-mile loop. The four girls, Coach G, and I ran it in just over 90 minutes. Needless to say, I was tired but also psyched that my body didn't seem to resist too much. I am planning on running the Chickamauga Half-Marathon in November and then hopefully the Nashville full again in April, so I need to get my body in training shape. This was a good first step! Oh, and we saw two black bears along the way. We literally had to stop so one could cross the road--crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment