Saturday, December 12, 2009

Week 14

Tomorrow I celebrate 15 weeks of pregnancy. How am I feeling? Grateful. Grateful. Grateful. I simply can't wait to be a mother. I still can't really believe that Clay and I created a beautiful little one that is currently growing with me. And growing I am...my belly has officially "popped." As my yoga teacher told me this morning, "it looks like more than a beer belly now!" Good thing--I am ready to look as pregnant as I feel. I know I will probably get tired of being pregnant before 40 weeks, but right now I am just so content. I am excited to rest my arms on my belly like I saw Clay's cousin Rachel do this week. I am looking forward to feeling the baby kick (we are a few weeks away from that). I am thankful that my belly growing means our little one is growing. All I pray for these days with regards to "Clara" is that he/she is healthy and protected and getting the nourishment and love she needs. It is crazy to me that he/she will be here in less than 6 months.

All this said, it has been a hard week. Clay's cherished grandmother, Nina, passed away on Tuesday, so we traveled to Birmingham on Thursday to be with family and honor her life. As we said over and over again, it was great to see Clay's family but we of course wished it was under different circumstances. We returned home that night sad.

Clay turned right around and headed to upstate New York for a fun weekend with his dearest college buddies. I hosted some wonderful girlfriends from work to a pizza dinner at our place. Here are some pics from the last few weeks. I promise--profile pictures are forthcoming!

The cookies we made Mom and Dad to inform them that BG (Baby Gahan) was on his/her way in June 2010!
The grandfather-to-be!
My Dad, Mom, dear family friend Lynne, and Aunt Gege on the night we surprised them!
The picture I included in the XC Team Slideshow to tell the runners that I was pregnant!
With Brittany before the duPont Manual Class of 1999 10-year reunion
At the reunion. Man, was it fun. Man, am I glad that it is over!
It snowed in Chattanooga! It melted by 11 a.m. but we got a pic before it totally disappeared.
Ok, so this swanky background clearly isn't our apartment, but these are 4 of the 5 friends I hosted for dinner last night. I am not sure who the girl on the very right is...
Sweet Katie, Regan, and Heather
Thanks to our wedding Christmas shower, we love getting decked out for the holidays!
I love this picture because just as I was about to take it, Camden walked right up and posed for the camera. He never does that! Gosh, I love our dog. He really is the best dog ever.
The place setting for the pizza party
We are ready for fun friends and yummy pizza!

No comments: