Friday, February 19, 2010

Frozen 5K for Haiti

One of my XC runners also happens to be a nationally ranked triathlete and a local race director. She is 16. Inspiring.

For the second year in a row, she organized the local Frozen 5K for Haiti. Obviously, this year it was more important than ever to support relief efforts in Haiti, so Clay and I headed out one snowy morning to join in the fun!

Another one of my precious XC runners, Mary Holland, with her father--who was basically the third coach on our team last fall. Both=awesome people. Lots of people came out for the run!
Who's that handsome runner? :-) Why I do believe it is first place runner in the 30-39 age group!

The finish. The runner behind Clay is one of my mentors and dear friends, Jeff. Jeff is the head coach of the GPS XC Team and a beast of a runner in his own right.

Clay clocked in just around 21:50. Baby G and I had fun cheering him on!

No comments: