Mary Collie is one with-it girl. My California-lovin', Ironwoman, Cross-fit conqueror, Pilates-master, talented chef and baker, generous, adventurous friend doesn't let 3000 miles come in between her and her indebted East-Coast family and friends. So every once in awhile I get a super-fun email from her that looks something like what just arrived in my in-box (my responses are in white):
It's good to be round:
1. You can say you're eating for two because you actually are (applied today when I ate two oreo's "for fuel" right before working out)
2. You get to wear stretchy pants all day every day (HEAVEN)
3. You can use the phrase: I'm not fat; I'm pregnant! (I can't even think of the last time I "worried" about my weight--it is so freeing to be pregnant!)
4. You can belly bump with ease (If you have been to our kitchen and seen how narrow it is, you know that Clay and I do this on a nightly basis when we fix dinner)
5. People will give up their seats on buses, planes, and elsewhere (Students hold the door open for me all the time now--it's so sweet, but I'm like, "umm...I can still open doors..." :-))
6. You can be late to class because you're walking for two (usually walking back from the bathroom)
7. You know where every bathroom is in any building or location (see previous)
8. You can act all holier-than-thou about the miracle of life. Hello, it's in your belly. (hopefully I am not taking this too liberally, but every once in awhile I do marvel out loud at how frickin' cool it is that we are creating life without doing a thing!)
9. You can have two, maybe three scoops of full fat ice cream .... and then ask for more (lactose intolerance still applies during pregnancy--darn)
10. Your skin gets the glow and your hair gets thicker (haven't seen either of these happen yet--nothing like lots of breakouts and a bad haircut to take away the benefit of this one)
11. You have an excuse not to exercise (used it yesterday and instead went home and hung out with Cam!)
Did I mention she is an extremely talented writing teacher? I admire her in many, many ways. Thanks for the fun list, Mary! See her blog (Well Trained Collies) by clicking on the link on the right side of this page...
No comments:
Post a Comment