Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Capturing Moments

I just found this quote on another friend's blog. Love it.
"Children are the hands by which we hold heaven."
~Henry Ward Beecher
Whose blog was this? A longlost friend from Virginia who had trouble having children and eventually adopted two beautiful little ones from Ethiopia. Her blog made me think and feel two main things:

1. A talented photographer is worth the price. Second only to precious memories and love, I want nothing more for my child than lots and lots of photographs of his/her childhood. I want to surround our home with them, put a million on the blog, and literally surround my family with images of natural love and beauty. I don't know how I can make this happen, but if I have to drive all the way to Warrenton, Virginia to have my dear friend Kristen capture our family on film, I will. Check out her blog: http://www.kristengardnerblog.com/. She is both an insanely talented photographer AND a beautiful person, friend, and mother. LOVE her...and I love her work.

2. I need to stop worrying and trust that God has a plan. Somehow I found myself all upset last night about how Clay and I were going to have the time and energy to both work full-time and create the type of family and environment we want to give our child...I just don't want to miss a thing. Not one little thing. But I think part of the problem is that I keep hearing that it is going to be "so hard" and "finding a balance is so tough" and "I will feel like I will do everything halfway and nothing well" and all this talk is just making me anxious and nervous and guilty already. But then I come home, rest in Clay's arms, look at Camden's sweet face, and remember that we are so, so lucky. We'll figure this all out. I know it won't always be easy, but I know it will be worth it.

2 comments:

Ellen Robertson said...

Sara- I don't know who has been giving you these "words of advice" but I wouldn't listen to them!! Enjoy every minute of this most special time in your life- you have such incredible joys ahead! Pamper yourself, enjoy your time as a couple and know that your future holds a tremendous gift!! Merry Christmas! Love, Ellen

Kristen Gardner said...

Thanks for the sweet words, Sara!! I can't WAIT to meet baby Gahan. :)