Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Half Marathon Success!

On Saturday, I ran the Chickamauga Half Marathon. I signed up for the race right after Will was born: I needed a running goal. I ran the same race two years ago, right after the end of my first XC coaching season, and finished 1:52. I secretly wanted to beat this time...but mainly I wanted to finish strong.
I trained every morning, and then on Saturdays my dear friend Gina and I would go for long run at a local park with a 4.5 mile loop. Saturday mornings were glorious. I loved feeling back in shape, loved the solitude and peace of running in the woods, loved feeling a bit like myself again.
Saturday was the perfect culmination of that training and my eagerness to get back into shape. I finished in 1:50, a PR. I think what motivated me, especially in those last few miles, was the thought of seeing Clay and Will at the finish line. I couldn't wait to lay my eyes on my babe.

Here we are with Nick and Ashley at the finish line. Ashley has always been my favorite running partner--loyal and fun and dedicated. She and I have been running every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 6-7. Unfortunately the race closed before she could register, but how thoughtful were she and Nick for coming to cheer us on anyways? Looooove them!

Will just isn't sure about the whole camera thing...either he stares at it or he avoids it altogether :-)

I can't believe I ran this race two years ago and Will was just a dream of ours...and now he is here! What a difference a couple of years make.

No comments: