Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Days!

It's been crazy around here. Crazy wonderful and lazy and cozy. Old Man Winter dumped 6-8 inches of snow on Chattanooga, causing the entire town to shut down. The only things on the roads on Monday were sleds. It was glorious. Tuesday was almost as quiet, but the roads starting freezing over on Tuesday night, leading to FOUR whole days off of school and home with Will! We don't have to make these days up, so we enjoyed them to the fullest. We saw a lot of our sweet neighbors, had long workouts, read...but mostly we played with Will. Did I have moments of anxiety because I felt like I should have been more "productive"? Yup. But I am getting better at pushing those feelings aside and being fully in the moment when I am with Will. It's funny. I used to be the type of person who wanted to go, go, go all the time, and in many ways I still am. But being with Will makes me feel so content and complete that other things quickly disappear. Go to Target? Sure, but I don't have to. Make an elaborate dinner? Sounds good, but I am just as happy throwing together a fresh salad. Sit in Barnes and Noble and peruse books for an hour? Awesome--but if Will would rather walk around the mall instead, that sounds great too. He is 7 months old now, and I still find myself sneaking into his room at night to watch him sleep, as if he were a dream. I can't get enough.
Clay and Will in front of our house
The hill in front of our house was perfect for sledding
Winter Wonderland!
Our sweet friend (and pediatrician) Dodd invited Will and me over on Tuesday for a baby dinner party, hoping it might inspire Will to eat a few more solid foods. Will is not into food at all. He loves milk and formula, but wants nothing to do with a spoon and pureed veggies or fruits. Wylie, on the other hand, was loving his sweet potatoes. Will decided to wear most of his.

No comments: